Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thank you, Homogenic!!!!

If you were following my posts in this blog, you should have known that Homogenic is one of my favorite band/musician. They are Indonesian band that come from Bandung, West Java. The band member was Dina Dellyana, Grahadea Kusuf and Risa Saraswati.

I love their kind of music since their first album, 'Epic Symphony' in 2004. Which followed by much darker and melancholy one, 'Echoes of the Universe' in 2006 - which I love too, even some songs lead to suicidal thoughts.. :p

In 2010, they launched their third album, 'Let A Thousand Flowers Bloom'. In this album, Risa Saraswati's voice is no longer fill the songs. And one of my favorite singer, Amandia Syachridar, replace her spot. It doesn't mean that I don't love Risa's voice, it's just I like Amandia since before she's joining Homogenic - read here for details. I still listen to Risa's voice in her new band called Sarasvati, love their music also.

So, I've written this over and over before. I've been given the opportunities, which I value the most, to remix some of Homogenic songs. Cut to the chase, I've been working to re-mix 2 of their songs. 'Destiny' were transformed in to Trance tunes under Astral Escalation and 'Sampai Jumpa' were turned to Drum & Bass/Jungle by Jastria & Fadil.

I want to thank Dina Dellyana for the most valuable opportunity in my life. Grahadea Kusuf for sending all the files and the suggestions. Also Amandia and Maradilla Syachridar for... Errr.. I guess being supportive with their kindness.. :)

You can find the link to those remix here, alongside some masters in Indonesia's electronic music scene; SPACEANDMISSILE, BOTTLESMOKER, HENRY FOUNDATION, MOBIL DEREK and DO EAR.

I guess I won't be tired to say, "Thank You.. Thank You.. Thank You.. And Thank You, Homogenic!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment