Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day #16: Amandia Syachridar

After the post on my 4th day about Maradilla Syachridar, it's now her sister turns, Amandia Syachridar. I admire both of them. And to be honest, I admire Amandia first.

Who is Amandia Syachridar?
At first, I knew her as the main vocalist in Andezzz's first solo album, [departure:people]. Watch the video of Pergi and Jatuh if you want (courtesy of youtube.com). And if I'm not mistaken, pardon my memory, I watched her live PA one time at (in Memoriam) Centro The Club, Jakarta. Her quality in vocal, without a doubt, makes her my favorite Indonesian singer.

In 2010, I've got the even better news. Amandia Syachridar joined, one of my favotite Indonesian band, Homogenic to take Risa Saraswati's place as their vocalist. My favorite musicians are now join forces, what a news, right?

Homogenic latest album, Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom, are indeed the best purchased I made in 2010. Then I came in contact with Homogenic (thanks to TRAX FM Jakarta for their Terusik Traxkustik). In short, I (kind of) made a deal with Dina to remix one of their song, Destiny. The following day, I received all the vocal samples from Amandia for the song Destiny. Again and again, her voice blew my mind.

Now, one of the remix of Destiny is done, see my previous entry. Time to move on to the new project. And, sometimes in the future, I really do hope that Amandia will be willing to fill her vocal in one of our song. Haha, wishful thinking, eh? :p

This is my closing. I want to give all my best wishes for success and happiness for Amandia Syachridar and Homogenic, Dina Dellyana and Grahadea Kusuf. I'll always be waiting for your future works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment