Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day #5: Beer Goceng, It's Not (Just) About Getting Drunk

Lately, every Tuesday (and sometimes on Monday), I went to Cerveza Bar at Barcode, Jakarta. Because they have a very interesting promo from 7-10pm every Monday and Tuesday, a glass of beer just for IDR 5000. (I swear I'm not Barcode's marketing team.. Hehe)

Why I love to come for this promo? Cheap beers! Well, it's an obvious reason. But some other reasons make me want to go there every week.

I came to try this "Beer Goceng" for the first time on my birthday night, last November. It was an impulse thing to celebrate early, although I planned to celebrate it also two days after that. I was there with some of my friends. And thanks to some of them, I almost blacked-out. About 80 glasses of beer for 5 or 6 persons, and I'm not counting the Tequila shooters.

That day, the first time I noticed Drum N Bass and Dubstep music. While I was drunk, listening to those music is HEAVEN! I'm not lying. After I sobered up the next day, I start to search these kind of music through the web (with a friend's help for references). Then I came to love them. I want to play DnB and Dubstep while DJ-ing sometimes later. :p

Alcohol and music aside, there's one more reason why I keep coming to Barcode. That is GREAT COMPANIONS!! In whatever I do, companions are the one that matter the most. Whenever I come to Barcode, alone or with (random) friends, there will be some familiar faces there. Love that place.

So, what can I say? Bottom's up!!!

(4th/last round of beers in Nov 22, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment