Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day #8: New Music For Today

My friend once said, "Music never cease to amaze me.."

And I totally agree with it. In every city, in every building, in every alley, in every place in this world, music is there. Sounds travel together with the light by the very air we breathe. Music is everywhere.

One of my 2011 resolution is to broad up my horizon in music. I promised myself that I will hear music from 365 new musicians I've never heard before this year. I already listened to something new, but still, have not start "the counting part" just yet. I think I will just sum them up in the edge of this year. Haha. Too lazy to count them as the day passed by.

So, I'm going to talk about a musician that I found today. I found her by coincidence. I was checking up my personal myspace page out of boredom this morning, and found couple friend requests. One of them is from "IamHarlequin". Usually, I just accept all the friend request on my myspace page, but out of nothing, I happened to open up her page.

It was Anne Freier, who created I am Harlequin (you can read it completely from her page). A girl from London that describe her genre as Indie/Melodramatic Popular Song/Pop. And what catch my eyes was her influences. She made her influence with an image box, here it is:
Then I listened to couple of her tracks, they were somehow unique, interesting and fascinating for me. Remind me a bit of Bjork and Imogen Heap, but still, somehow fresh. I love them.

So, I am Harlequin is my new music for today. Find out what's yours! Cheers..

Click the picture to be linked-in to her myspace page. Hope you like it, too.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment