Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day #15-a: Destiny is Finished!!!

Crap.. I spent all-yesterday to finish Astral Escalation's remix of Destiny..
So, I forgot (again) to update my journey in #30harimenulis :(
I have to post another entry later this day..

This project was started in November 2010, pardon my memory. I was shamelessly introduce myself to Dina Dellyana and asked her BlackBerry pin. I desperately wanted to have a collaboration with one of my favorite band, Homogenic. But, after chatted a while via BlackBerry Messenger, the collaboration was put on hold due to Homogenic and Dina's tight schedule. (I'm still hoping for this to happen sometimes in the future, though :p) Instead, Dina offered us (Aonyx) to remix one of their song. So I pick one of my favorite song from their latest album (Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom), the song called "Destiny".

Soon after that, Grahadea (one of Homogenic's member) sent me an email. That email consisted of Destiny's song materials. I listened to the materials, I was surprised because all the files were vocal files of Amandia and some backing vocals also. So I guess, we have to create a whole new song for these vocals.

I was really on fire with this project, in total (until now) there were three different approach for the remix. But, the trance version from Astral Escalation was the first one to the finish line. I'll upload the song to Astral Escalation's page on Soundcloud and Myspace, soon. The link can be found in the right panel of this page, labeled "Alter Ego".

Hope you like it. Thank you for this opportunity, Homogenic and Dina Dellyana. :)


Here are the lyrics for "Destiny (Astral Escalation Remix)":

Destiny, here I am
Giving all my days
I never felt so in love before

Forever is not enough
Nothing can tear us apart

To be at your side,
To be in your heart,
To be at your side,
To be in your heart

Nothing can tear us apart

No comments:

Post a Comment