Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #21: Media Distorsi

I admit. I am now into electronic music. And I am starting to know certain bands that even their names I haven't even heard before, either they're local or international bands or even certain individuals that bring this musical genre in their backs. If you were following my previous entries, you may notice that I've mentioned Homogenic in an awful lot of times. But I can't help it. They're my favorite local electronic band for a couple years back.

But, it's not them who catch my ears for the first time. And it's not even my comrades from Aonyx that introduced me to this genre, but I still got a lot of references from them. It was a band called Media Distorsi. An Indonesian band, that opened my eyes and showed me the existence of this music genre. At that time I was still playing rock-star with my school band and just listening to those mainstream musics.

It was only one song that I have heard from Media Distorsi, it often repeating on and on in my head. The song called "Confession Part 2". I really love the song, even until now. Back then, I only like to hear the song. Never scratched in my mind that I want to see them live. But now, I truly regretted it. Nowadays, I barely heard the name Media Distorsi again. Maybe just one of their personnel, that known as Indra7. And now is known as one of the DJ of Microchip.

Well, I still do hope that someday, it will come the time that they decide to perform live again. I'll be trying my best to be there and thanks them in person.

Click here to visit their myspace page. They haven't been online since August 2009, but you can still listen to some of their songs. Once again, thank you, Media Distorsi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment