Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day #4: Maradilla Syachridar

This post on Day #4 in my #30harimenulis mission is a tribute to Maradilla Syachridar.

I don't know her well. To be honest. I just met her once, in the backstage of Urbanfest 2010 in Pasar Seni, Taman Impian Jaya Ancol, Jakarta.

Who is Maradilla Syachridar?
Firstly, I knew her as a publicist and a backing vocal of one my favorite Indonesian band, Homogenic. Thanks to Trax FM Jakarta, I was introduced to the members of Homogenic (Dina Dellyana, Grahadea Kusuf and Amandia Syachridar) in "Terusik Traxkustik" that held at Plaza Semanggi a couple months back, but Maradilla wasn't there at the time. And a while after that, I came to Urbanfest just to see Homogenic's performance again. That was when I met Maradilla for the first time.

After been introduced, I started to follow her twitter's account. The "somewhat" fascinating language that she used in her tweets came to my interest. After a while (again), I knew that she's also an announcer in Sky FM Bandung and also a writer. Then, I started to follow her blog page also. (In this point, I was asking myself, "Am I stalking her?" Then I answered it myself, "Errr... I guess so..")

Why I tribute this post to her?
Her tweets made me remember how I love literature so much. Then I started to read a book again, the last book I bought and read was the one she often mention in her tweets. The book called Oksimoron by Isman HS. And guess what? I love it. After I read some posts on her blog, I was interested to start writing again. This idea of #30harimenulis is also inspired by the posts on her blog.

And a couple weeks back, she post another blog post. A mixtape that she created, and without wasting any times, I downloaded it. And guess what again? I love the songs that she picked in her mixtape that called "Guffaw Mi Head". In that mixtape, I've introduced to an artist that called Cyndi Suei. And guess what (again and again)? I love this Cyndi Suei's music after I looked around on his myspace page.

So, this is my way of to thank Maradilla Syachridar. For inspirations that she gives to me (unintentionally). The literatures and the musics, she's truly my new role model.

I am now one of your biggest fan. And I'm looking forward for your next inspirations you'll share. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment