Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day #18: Julie Thompson

After the post about Amandia Syachridar, Indonesian local vocalist that I've been dying to work with, I've got another one.

Her name is Julie Thompson. A Norwich, UK, born and bred singer. And now she is a singer under Magic Muzik / Black Hole Recordings. I think it was in 2008 when I first her name. It was Allure feat. Julie Thompson - Somewhere Inside (Andy Duguid Remix) that made me fell for her voice for the first time. As a die-hard fan of vocal trance, I really dig her voice.

As a reference, you can hear Allure feat. Julie Thompson (Andy Duguid Remix) here. And also Super8 & Tab feat. Julie Thompson (Rank1 Remix) here or the (Club Mix) here. (All videos are courtesy of Youtube). Listen to them, and you'll know why I made this entry as a tribute for her.

As a member of Astral Escalation, an Indonesian duo that bring trance as our genre, I really do wish that someday we will have the chance to work together with her. Oh, Julie Thompson, how I really love your voice!! See her myspace page here.

#trancefamily

No comments:

Post a Comment