Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day #1: Happy New Year and The Resolutions

Happy New Year, guys!!
May this year everything's going to be better, in all aspects of life, than the previous year.

It was and still is a popular thing to do before we welcome January 1st every year, which is make resolution(s) for the next year. So, what new year resolution is really?

According to wikipedia.org: A New Year resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a personal goal, project, or the reforming of a habit.

And according to dictionary.reference.com, resolution is:
1. the act or an instance of resolving
2. the condition or quality of being resolute; firmness or determination
3. something resolved or determined; decision

What it is for me?
Because personally, a mean of a word, a sentence, an image or even a body gesture can be interpreted differently by different person. So, for me: new year resolution(s) is like a promise(s) or a pact(s) we made to ourselves about what we're going to do in one year term. The resolution(s) is not always a big thing, even a simple thing like a habit you want to change can be your resolution as well.

What are my resolutions for 2011?
1. #30harimenulis or #30daysofwriting
I pay some personal interests in literature world, I love to read if I find it interesting (if not, I don't even bother to even take a peek at it). And being such a very lazy person, I thought this challenge can somehow change me to be more discipline with the promises that I made to myself. Honestly, when I promise something to myself, that promise is easier to be forgotten if I don't have it in writings. So, good luck for me. Hope I can make 30 post by the end of January 30, 2011.

2. Electronic Music Show (or Shows)
I see myself as a musician, it's not a job, it is just a personal passion that I labeled myself. I love music more than anything in the world. And I'd like to contribute something, somehow. And since a couple years back, I fell in love with electronic music. And I think, I've found a few comrades that share the same interest as me in this kind of music. We don't care if it will start as a very small show, but in this year of 2011, we'd like to make it a show or maybe several shows with all electronic musicians and bands in the line-up. A pretty big dream for 2011.

It was two of several resolutions that I made to myself for the year of 2011. I won't bother you with a very long story of me and (for example) my 2011 resolution to take a bath at least once a day.

How about you? Are you ready to make your resolutions real?
Best of luck for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment