Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day #11-a: Friendship, A Lifetime Investment

What you call a friendship, I call it an investment.
What you call it an introduction, I call it create a network.
Haha. I know what you think. Such a money-oriented scumbag or a two-faced prick.

Basically, yeah. It's true. But not everything can be valued by money. When you start to know someone new, it always is an opportunity, a chance, a gift. Begin with introduction, a friendship opens up a new door for your future. You'll be gifted with many possibilities. And to be honest, not all the possibilities will be positive. But at least, I try to look them in positive ways.

Why I start this theme? Until now, my friends are the one who made a Fadil Pinandita that you know now. And I want to share something about friendship in my point of view.

Never expect anything from the start. But still, start the friendship with a good intention. Treat a friend like you want to be treated. And don't expect you'll be in the receiving end, try to be the one that always offers. Eventually, all those good intentions will be returned to you somehow. So, treat your friends kindly. Don't forget about the old ones while you're making a new ones. Interaction frequencies may reduce after some times, it doesn't mean that the goodness in friendship has to be reduced also.

I believe if we have friends in our life, life will be easier to be lived. Friends will lend their hand when you ask them, or even they already offer theirs before you ask for them. Because in this era, believe it or not, it's not (entirely) about what you can do, but (more) about who you know.

But, having friends doesn't mean that you'll be a co-dependent person. Try what you can do with all your might, friends are the supportive materials. You won't be like it too, when someone always cling at your shoulder all the time, right?

In my opinion, good intentions, respect, understanding and generosity are the main traits in a friendship.

So, hello my friends and soon-to-be my friends. It's nice to have you all in my life. Hope this goodness will last for life. Thanks, all... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment